Thank you for considering your headshot session with Jannette Fulham Photography. Headshots only include head and shoulders. To ensure we have a successful session, here are some tips to help you prepare for your photography.
Two weeks before your session:
- Have a hair cut or trim, if necessary, to revitalise your look.
A few days before your session:
- Make sure you’re hydrated and well rested.
- Decide if you’re going to wear a uniform with a business logo (if you have one) or neat business attire. You’re welcome to have photos with different outfits, but please consult with me first to ensure enough time is allocated to your session. Discounted mini sessions only allow time for one outfit.
- Patterns are okay, but best kept to something subtle. No bold spots, stripes or logos (except business logos).
- Muted solid colours with subtle textures are great for adding feeling and dimension to the overall image. Please do not wear fluffy or bulky textures.
- No sleeveless tops, and no off-the-shoulder or strapless tops.
- Lightly fitted clothes are the most slimming (ie not baggy and not tight).
- A top with a collar, v-neck or scoop neckline are suitable.
- Ensure your chosen attire is clean, stain-free, ironed, and free from lint and pet hair.
- Choose any accessories you would like to wear. Earrings and a necklace are best kept to something small so it does not distract from your lovely face.
- Medium to long hair styles are best left down to frame your face.
On the day of your session:
- If your session is part way through your working day, please check that your clothing is clean and wrinkle-free before you arrive.
- Men, please ensure you are clean-shaven or have a full beard, rather than three day growth.
- Make-up can be heavier than you would usually wear, but make sure it blends well along your hairline and jawline. Please make sure your foundation matches your skin colour. No bold or extremely pale colours of lipstick. Please re-apply or touch up your makeup before you arrive.
If you have any questions about how to prepare for your session, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will gladly help you.
You’re session is going to be great!
If you haven’t done so already, please fill in a Photography Permission Form.